Discus digital series with 3 cylinder compressors provide an alternative means of continuous modulation to inverter. Digital modulation is the most simple and precise method of capacity control and helps to contain applied costs associated with modulation.
Digital technology is based on controlling a high-cycle solenoid valve fitted on one of the cylinder heads based on cycle time. The valve actuates a piston that controls the flow of gas into the suction area of the Discus valve plate.
The compressor always run at constant speed which resolves the challenges related to oil return, mechanical and electrical stress on the system.
- Range of 6 models from 32 to 50 m3/h
- Compatible with R407A/F/C, R448A/ R449A, R404A, R134a, R450A and R513A.
- Continuous modulation from 10–100% ensuring a perfect match of capacity and power to refrigeration load
- Economical and reliable alternative to frequency inverters
- Precise suction pressure control with associated energy savings and stable evaporating temperatures
- Quick and easy integration into refrigeration equipment, similar to any other standard compressor
- Possibility to easily retrofit existing installations with digital cylinder head kit
- No vibrations or mechanical stress on system piping and compressor parts
- Reduced compressor cycling for longer contactor and compressor life